When look for one new lamp, there is some information in the package that should be notice. These features can be helpful to make the right choice.
- Energy label
- Average lifetime of the lamp (1000 hours equals an average of one year of usage)
- Color Temparature: Colour of the light, from yellowish (2700K) to daylight (6500K).
- CRI: How accurate the lamp is at revealing different colours.
- Whether it is dimmable or not (if not, a cross appears over the symbol)
- How many times the light can be switched on and off before it burns out
- Lumens: The more lumens, the brighter the light.
In some packages, they also mention the incadescent power equivalence. It compares the quantity of the lamp´s light to that of an old incandescent lamp.